A. We are Open for tourists and families effective May 26!
A. Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort is following the "Safe Stay" guidelines issued by the American Hotel Lodging Association (AHLA) which Include Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines. In addition, we follow the Oregon Health Authority guidelines. Specifically, here is what we are doing to reduce exposure to COVID 19 for our staff and guests:
Front Desk and Lobby Procedures and Administration
- Our staff will be contacting you prior to arrival to confirm details about your stay and to collect as much information as possible prior to your arrival. Our goal is to speed up the check in process. We very much appreciate you taking our call, replying to our emails or calling us back!
- At the Front Desk, the stations will be shielded by plexi-glass.
- There are placards on the floor indicating the correct spacing for guests waiting to check in.
- There is additional seating available in the Ocean Bakery Café'.
- Please observe the accepted social distancing guidelines (6ft) between yourself and other parties.
- There will be a hand sanitizer at the Front Desk.
- We have replaced the traditional welcome greeting of a handshake throughout the hotel with a nod of the head as our acknowledgement and welcome.
- All of our Front Desk staff will use hand sanitizer when a new guest walks up to the front desk for check-in and check-out procedures.
- We have removed all magazines/brochures/etc. from the front desk and lobby area where it is not possible to properly disinfect after contact by any individual (guest or employee).
- We are preforming increased sanitizations of all lobby, elevator, and common areas.
- When a guest checks out of their room, their room keys will be sanitized prior to use by another guest.
- We ask that pet owners keep their pets at a safe distance from other pets - social distancing for the pets.
- Our indoor pool and spa are currently closed. This is the case at all Seaside hotels, by order of the county health department, due to the difficulty of enforcing social distancing in this area. Elevator
- Please limit elevator usage to 1 family/party at a time when possible.
- There are placards on the elevator floor indicating safe social distancing.
- There are stairs at the end of each hallway.
- Our fitness room is currently closed.
- Our restaurant is temporarily suspended and will reopen soon.
- Coffee service will be available at all times in the lobby, with individually packaged sweeteners, individual creamers and disposable coffee cups/lids. We ask that you use a cocktail napkin to press the lever to dispense the coffee. If you want a second cup of coffee, please use a clean disposable cup to assist us in maintaining our cleaning procedures.
- Your room has been thoroughly cleaned using a strict cleaning protocol. Extra care has been given to thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting all surfaces, bathroom and the handling of all linens and terry.
- After each room has been occupied, a special hospital grade fogger is used to disinfect the entire room.
- After the fogging process is complete, we are utilizing a hospital grade disinfectant on high touch surfaces in the guest room.
- We have removed note pads and pens from the guest rooms, as well as decorative pillows and bed scarves in order to minimize the risk of cross contamination between room occupants.
- Staff Safety = Your Safety: Our staff are outfitted with masks and gloves when cleaning rooms and laundering linens. We want our team members to be safe and healthy at all times.
- Stayover Service: In order to maintain social distancing and reduce contact with your personal effects, we are no longer able to offer stayover housekeeping services. However, we will deliver fresh linens and towels, and pick up trash on request between 8:00 AM-5:00 PM.
- Service Delivery: If you need anything (e.g., fresh towels, bed linens, extra coffee, condiments, etc.), we will deliver them to your room. When we arrive, we will knock on the door and place the items outside the door. We will also pick up used linens and towels upon request. This is available from 8:00 AM-5:00 PM each day.
- Waste disposal: If you need to empty your trash can, please close and tie the trash bag, call the front desk, and place the trash bag outside of your guest room door. There are additional bags/liners in the bottom of the trash can.
- No Late Check-Outs: Due to the additional time involved cleaning our rooms each day, we are unable to offer late check-out. We apologize in advance for this.
- Maintenance / Guest Needs: We have implemented some additional health and safety precautions when responding to a service request in a guest room. This is for your safety as well as the safety of our staff.
- Our maintenance staff will wear a face mask and gloves at all times when servicing a room.
- For all maintenance calls to an occupied guest room, our staff member will first ask the guest if they can respond when the room is not occupied. If the matter is urgent or if the guest needs immediate assistance, our staff member may enter the room and perform the maintenance requested as long as proper social distancing measures are maintained.
- If the guest is not in the room, our staff will enter the room and perform the maintenance requested. Thank you for your support of these changes. We are proud and honored to serve you and thank you for choosing to stay with us. We also appreciate your understanding the need to practice safe social distancing, limiting the contact we have with your personal effects, and caring about our safety as well. Have a great time in Seaside!
A. Yes, we are a pet-friendly resort on the Oregon Coast. There are no breed restrictions and up to two dogs are allowed per room. You will be charged an additional fee of $25 per night (per pet) and may not leave pets unattended in the room or hallways. Please call in advance as pet-friendly rooms cannot be booked on-line. Pet rooms are restricted to the first and second floors.
A.Yes. Our Seaside hotel on the Oregon Coast offers the perfect setting for business meetings and events. We have five fully-equipped meeting rooms across 6,000 sq. ft. of space that can accommodate up to 250 guests. Event and meeting services include high-tech AV equipment, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, and full-service on-site catering.
A.Yes. We offer full-service catering and customizable menus for business meetings and special events hosted at our hotel. Our executive chef and culinary team will assist you with creating a seasonal menu as per your budget and taste. The cuisine is arranged from our in-house restaurant, Ocean Bakery Café.
A. Fort Stevens State Park is one of the most popular camping and hiking sites in Oregon. Spread over 4,200 acres, the park offers more than 50 camping grounds. Twenty-eight of these accept year-round reservations, while the other sites are first-come, first-served. If you do end up here without prior reservation, you can choose to stay in cabins, yurts, tepees and other special tents on these sites.
A. Yes. Dogs are allowed on the beach along the Seaside Promenade and can also be taken on a hike along Tillamook Head. There are also several pet-friendly restaurants in this area. As per a recent ordinance by Oregon State Park, all dogs brought to the beach must be on a leash not more than six feet long and may not be left unattended.